Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Green smoothie

Forced L to drink green smoothie for the past 3 days. Cut out flovent but continued with albuterol prior to school and gym. He didn't cough when I picked him up nor did he cough at night after the albuterol wore off. I am trying not to be excited b/c chances are the flovent is still circulating in the body. But, I am really hopeful b/c this is the first time it's ever happened. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Here is the recipe for the smoothie:
1/2 banana
1 C grapes
1 bunch of greens
Water till it covers the blade. Then liquify the suckers!

It didn't taste that yummy but I made him finish it all up. J's a tougher challenge since he's only 3 and would rebel strongly.

Then, this evening, I made another smoothie for myself:
1 really ripe pear (they become creamy at that stage)
3 ripe strawberries
A bunch of lettuce leaves
Water covers the blade. Liquefy 'em again.

This one - surprisingly tastes much better. Liem liked it and took a drink out of my cup.

One thing about smoothies is that they go through your system rather quick. I find myself getting hungry again after an hour.

Oh, I also tried this combi:
1 avocado
1 orange (peeled)
some grapes
water

It was a bit thick. But J seemed to like it. Perhaps it's the novelty of it. Thus far, he's been refusing to drink the other ones.

No comments: