Monday, May 12, 2008

Freezing Fruits for Smoothies

We bought a package of strawberries from Costco ($5.88 for 4 lbs, I think) and they were overly ripe so after picking the good ones and cleaning them, I froze them. I put them into small containers so when I can pop them whole thing out when I need them.

I made strawberry banana smoothie the other day.

Banana Strawberry Smoothie
------------------------------
1 C Frozen strawberries
1 banana (with brown spots on the skin)
1 T flaxseed meal (store in freezer for longer shelf life)
1 C cold water

Blend them nice and smooth. I have a K-tec blender. I can't tell you how much I LOVE it. It made a nice smooth smoothie very quickly.

Kept me full for a little while and gave me a boost in energy. The downside? It was brrrr ... cold! BUT, I like it!

No comments: